1. Not all British students study … at university or college as many of them
combine their studies and work.
regularly / part time / full time / satisfactorily
2. They’ve published a book of Charles Buch’s … and it looks
correspond /correspondenсe / correspondent /correspondig
3. This is Mary Simpson. She is the girl … works with me.
who / which / whom / whose
4. The letter must be as … as possible.
short / shortly / shorter / the shortest.
5. I advise you to visit my … .father-in-law’s library / father-in-laws’ library/ father-in-law library’s / father’s-in-law library
6. Let’s by Peter … for his Birhtday. His watsh always slow.the good watch / good watch / a good watch / an good watch
7. Who is responsible … dealing with complaints.
In / for / with / at
8. After a longtiring day … Maria … Paula do very mach in the evening.
neither … or / neither … nor / not only … but also / both … and
9. When you come he … in the garden.
was working / will work /had worked /will be working
10. He left the room without … for a replay.
waiting / waited /to be waiting / being waited
11. Martin is happy at his job because he can … with people.
get on/ get toghether / get up /get through
12. The forecast says it’ll rain. You … take your umbrella.
must / should / needn’t / can
Выберите реплику, наиболее соответствующую ситуации общения.
13. Teacher: “I think you should revise the introduction of your diploma”
It’s out of the question. /I don’t now how to thank you for this advice./Thank you for advising me. / Are you shure?
14. Hostess: Your bag is 3 kilos overweight. You have to pay excesse luggage charge.
Whats? It’s only three kilos! / No, I can’t lift this bag. /
Oh? It’s only three kilos. All right then. / You have no right to charge me!
15. Confident positive body talk can not only … your ability to get what you want, but even affects the way you feel about yourself.
improve / influence / reduce / succeed
16. A learning theory where theacher’s job is not provide knowledge, but instead to help students along the process of discovering knowledge themselves is … learning.
collaborative / problem-based /enquiry-based / latent
17. No one even tries to make these children … well.
behave / to behave / behaving / behaved
Выберите реплику, наиболее соответствующую ситуации общения.
18. Receptionist: “Yes, Mr. Brown. A single room with a bath for two nights is that right? ”
It’s three nights! Remember that! / I’m afraid not. It’s three nights from the 11-th to the 14-th of March.
Can I give you a call? / What?! It’s three nights! Can not you be more attentive?
19. The collective decision-making body of Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom, composed of the Prime Minister and some 22 Cabinet Ministers is called …
The British Parliament / The Cabinet / Ministry of Justice of the UK / The Shadow Cabinet
20. The famous American writer of wit short stories whis clever twist endings is …
O. Henry / Ernest Hemingway / F. Scott-Fitzgerald / Graham Green
Расположите части делового письма в правильном порядке.
1. Mahoney and Milliman, Inc 151 Benson Street Bronx, NY 10465
5. We intend to purchase a new office copier before the end of the fiscal year. We would like to consider and RBM copier and wonder if you have a model that would suit our needs.
4. Dear Sir or Madam,
2. 2 May 2008
3. RBM Manufacturing Company, Inc 421 Ninth Avenue New York, NY 10055
6. Yours sincerely,
7. William Wilson Office manager
22. Определите, к какому виду делового документа относится представленный ниже отрывок.
On 12 August I ordered 12 copies of Background Music by H. Lowery under my order number FT 567. On opening the parcel I found that it contained 12 copies of History of Music by the same author. I trust you will credit my account with the invoiced value of the returned copies including reimbursement for the postage cost of $17.90
memo / letter of Complaint / Inquiry Letter / Cover Letter
23. Прочитайте текст и выполните задания.
Shcool psichologie.Shcool psichologists deal largely with psychological testing and student consultation in elementary and secondary schools. Psychological testing is the systematic use of tests to quantify psychological behaviour, abilities and problems and to make predictions about psychological perfomance. Tests fall into three general categories.
An aptitude test is to measure one’s level of intelligence. An intelligence quotient (IQ) test is a good example of this type. By measuring an individual’s IQ, the test-giver hopes to predict the subject’s future ability to learn and reason. A second category is the achievement test, which assesses the subject’s present level of academic or intellectual accomplishement. Tests of personality form the third general category. A personslity test is to reveal a person’s moods, attitudes, opinions, motivations, and styl of thinking, speaking and acting. Personality tests are used by mental health clinics and psychiatric to help diagnose mental disorders.
Counseling is the process of helping a student discover and develop his educational, vocational, and psychological potentionalities and thereby to achieve an optimal level of personal happiness and social usefulness.
The counselor’s goal is generally to orient the student toward opportunities that can best guarantee fullfilment of his personal needs and aspirations. The counselor usually attemts to clarify the student’s own thinking rather than to solve his problems.Определите, какое утверждение соответствует содержанию текста.
1. Any psychological test can define students’ abilities and potentionalities and discover their mental disorders if there are any.
2. IQ tests can measure students’ level of intelligence and identify accurately their abilities to different subjects.
3. While counseling shcool psichologists test their subjects’ way of thinking and make their outlook wider.
4. Counseling helps students to overcome their problems affecting their thinking and discovering their potentionalities.
Завершите утверждение согласно содержанию текста.
Psichologists mesure students’ progress level by…
2. achievement test
3. an aptitude test
4. a personality test
Ответьте на вопрос.
How can a student get advice promoting yis successful sotial life?
1. By means of a personality test a student gets the idea of the right social behaviour.
2. In the process of counseling student is advised how enjoy life communicating whith people.
3. Psychological testing is aimed at predicting students’ future psychological performance.
4. Counseling helps students solve problems connected with their social adaptation.
Определите основную идею текста.
1. Nowadays there are three types of psychological tests applied by school psychologie which can identify students’ abilities and potentionalities, their level of academic accomplishment and even diagnose mental disorders.
2. School psichology promotes students’ academic progress, social behaviour and personal happiness testing, discovering and developing their educational, vocftional and psychological potentialities.
3. Psychological testing using tests to quantify students’ psychological behaviour, abilities and problems, counseling is quite a different means of psychological influence on students’ attainment.
4. Shcool psichology is a very useful science as it helps students to overcome various psychological barries and develops their inner world in order to facilitate their future life in a society.
Текст «The role of play at the lesson»
2 варианта: 1) Through play children get necessery living and….
2) Play allows children to express their points of view, ….. 2 варианта: 1) It is a trouble-free way….
2) While playing children acquire …..
Feeling relaxed and being not afraid……
Play promotes the acquisition of necessery experience and children ….
Teкст «The education of children with learning disabilities»
Children with learning disabilities cannot …..
Unless it is left unrevelaed.
Testing is a good means of diagnosing the learning- disabled.
As a learning disability is a mental and social problem….
Teкст «The education of maladjusted children”
Though maladjustement is considered to be a serious mental disorder….
Teachers can use behaviour modification….
…. disabled children
Psychologists, psychiatrists and teachers facilitate maladjusted children….
Teкст «Teaching »
2 варианта: 1) Learning depends on good interpersonal relationship....
2) Good interpersonal relationship of a teacher …
2. Establishing good interpersonal relationships….
3. 2 варианта: 1) … as he is able to create such atmosphere where his…
2) …. for his student through establishing good interpersonal….
4. It is the teacher who is able to create the conditions for learning….